Soon after geeting home yesterday from a brutally exhausting but fun day at the Queens Zoo/New York Science Hall (pics of which will be posted either tonight or tomorrow) I received a text message from Indie Maven Sean: it was time for another Random iPod Mix! It's been too long since the last time the gauntlet was thrown, so a quick summary of the rules:
- Simply shuffle the entire contents of your iPod or applicable digital media player, and let 'er rip until you have enough music for an 80 minute CD.
- No skipping tracks or altering the sequencing - it is what it is. The only time you're allowed to skip a track is if the artist has already been represented in the mix, in which case you MUST take the next track.
And that's about it - time to take it to the stage! For the record, I'm using an iPod Classic with 14,508 songs:
Chris' 99.999% (*see below) Random iPod Mix
- Dead Kennedys - "California Uber Alles"
- Asobi Seksu - "Strawberries"
- The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
- The Kills - "At the Back of the Shell"
- Genghis Tron - "Endless Teeth"
- Bibio - "Haikuesque (when she laughs)"
- Rollins Band - "Wreck-age"
- John Legend - "Alright"
- These Arms Are Snakes - "Seven Curtains"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Get On Top"
- Sepultura - "Clenched Fist"
- My Chemical Romance - "Interlude"
- Death Angel - "Lord of Hate"
- Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - "Inspiration Information"
- The Who - "Miracle Cure"
- Pearl Jam - "Come Back"
- The Bill Evans Trio - "Jade Visions (Take 2)"
- Funkadelic - "Soul Mate"
- Anathema - "Flying"
- The Detroit Cobras - "Cry On"
- Soilwork - "Neon Rebels"
- Public Enemy - "Cold Lampin' With Flavor"
So what's been playing in your ears lately?
* After a brief discussion I was allowed one omission: Ancestors' "Neptune With Fire" which clocked in at over 22 minutes. Other than that, this is what came out.